Client: Christmas Bureau of Edmonton
Since 1940, the Christmas Bureau of Edmonton has served thousands of people in need a warm, festive meal during the holiday season every year. As a well-established local charity with an older group of loyal supporters, the Christmas Bureau wanted to expand their donor base.
So we suggested they focus on a younger audience, which prefers to make donations online. An audience that may be inclined to donate—but have always assumed only larger donations were worth giving. We needed to show younger Edmontonians that small donations can make a big difference.
To gain a new group of supporters, we needed to create a fun and easy way to make donations of any size.
The campaign collected the most online donations ever made to the Christmas Bureau.
In addition to the wonderful results for the charity, the campaign was also nationally recognized for its creativity, with awards including:
- Applied Arts Interactive Awards: Best Public Service/Charity Website
- Marketing Awards: Bronze for Non-Traditional
- Advertising & Design Club of Canada: Merit for Integrated Campaign
- IABC Capital Awards: Award of Excellence for Communications Skills & Tactics (Microsite)
- ACE Awards: Six awards including Best in Show